[EMBOSS] retrieving entries from public database

Hanquan Liang hliang at ksu.edu
Sun Aug 8 22:49:17 UTC 2010

Georgios,

Thanks for your reply.

I added your lines into the emboss.default.  It works.
But not for my own lines (I tried before subscribing this mailing list
for help) like:

DB embl [  type: N method: srswww format: embl release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz?%s"
  comment: "EMBL from the EBI" ]

DB swissprot [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  comment: "SWISSPROT from the EBI" ]

DB sw [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  dbalias: "SWISSPROT"
  comment: "SWISSPROT from the EBI" ]

DB uniprot [  type: P method: srswww format: swiss release: "EBI"
  url: "http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz";
  comment: "UNIPROT from the EBI" ]

I'm confused how to use syntax.  should I put 'srswww' or 'url' or
'entrez' after 'method'?  and what kind of url should I put after
'url'?  should I include or omit '%s'?  It's difficult for a newbie
like me to understand.