[EMBOSS] accessing emboss ftp site

Koen van der Drift koenvanderdrift at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 17:30:27 UTC 2010

Ok, my mailing list delivery was set to 'disabled' so I never got any
replies :). So just replying to what I read in the archives.

I get the issue only with Transmit, when it executes the 'LIST -a'
command. So that may be different than the ls command that seems to be
working for Chris. Interestingly, in the most recent version of
Transmit, the LIST command is no longer used:

"LIST -a" is no longer sent every time regardless of hidden files setting

Since this is a major, paid update, I am still using the older
Transmit that executes the LIST command. Maybe there's a pref setting
that can turn this off, I'll look into that. When I use the command
line ftp, I have no problems, although I have not tried the LIST
command there. I am using OS 10.5.8, on a PPC.

- Koen.