[EMBOSS] emboss-6.0.1 fails to build without X

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 18 15:31:35 UTC 2009

Hi Fernan,

Thanks. A fix for you may be to edit the file
plplot/plDevs.h and comment out the line

#define PLD_xwin

I'll adjust the configuration for this, though I'm never entirely
happy about compiling without X. The option
to do so was added way back in the infancy of EMBOSS and I often have
the uneasy feeling that a dragon is sleeping there. I'd be interested
to hear how you get on.

You'd probably be best defining EMBOSS_GRAPHICS to something
like "ps" or "png" otherwise the default graphics prompt will
probably remain as "x11" even though it's not actually compiled in.

Alan