[EMBOSS] fuzzpro oddity

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 09:51:27 UTC 2009

Steve Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an odd problem. I am trying to search a multi-fasta set of
> proteins. If I do:
>
> fuzzpro -sequence invertebrate.protein.faa -pattern CXXXXFYPXXXXXW
> -stdout -auto
>
> I get:
>
> Error: Sequence is not a protein
>
> I have tried this on Solaris 9 EMBOSS version 3.0 and Linux FC8 EMBOSS
> 6.0 and both give the same responses.

We have never seen a report like this before, but we believe you if it
happens in version 6 and version 3 !

The message should only come from reading an input sequence from
invertebrate.protein.faa and that part should be the same in both cases.

Can you please send the invertebrate.protein.faa file to
emboss-bug at emboss.open-bio.org

You have aroused our curiosity :-)