[EMBOSS] Tree building

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 23 10:51:06 UTC 2009

Stephen Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any phylogeny programs in EMBOSS/EMBASSY that will allow me to
> build a tree from a multiple alignment without truncating the id name in
> the resulting treefile?

This can be done by adding some new output formats to the existing
phylipnew embassy applications. Phylip truncates id names for its own
formats. We can extend them, and only truncate for strict phylip format
outputs.

We are also open to suggestions for new applications in phylogenetics

A good topic to discuss at the GMOD workshop in Oxford.