[EMBOSS] EMBOSS seqret : IntelliGenetics and new DOS lines

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jul 20 20:04:19 UTC 2009

Peter C. wrote:

Thanks for the example files. I will start with those.

>>> P.S. Should I have reported this possible bug via sourceforge?
>> The emboss-bug at emboss.open-bio.org list is the best way to get
>> our attention
>
> Great, another mailing list to sign up to... but if that is your
> preferred route, that's fine.

Actually, you can't sign up ... that's our bug reporting list :-)
> I think this is an EMBOSS specific issue. I don't know enough about
> how all the different EMBOSS parsers work, but is there a single
> place where you could add automatic handling of either new line
> convention when reading in text?

Hope so. I think the issue is places where the parsing is checking
explicitly for \n rather than \n and \r. The solution would be to strip
both off before parsing. It will need a thorough clean through the
ajseqread code.