[EMBOSS] EMBOSS 6.1.0 release now available

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 17 07:39:11 UTC 2009

Ryan Golhar wrote:
> Any thought on implementing some of the algorithms using CUDA when
> possible on GPUs?  This could speed up some programs significantly.

Yes indeed.

At BOSC/ISMB last month we were discussing closer collaborations with the
other Open Bio FOundation projects.

One of these is BioManyCores which is aiming at OpenCL programming but is
currently concentrating on CUDA.

When our new workstations are delivered we will be looking into CUDA.

Which applications would you most like to speed up? (current EMBOSS
programs, and suggestions for new ones)