[EMBOSS] RootDirectory and BaseDirectory hardcoded at build time ?

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Sat Feb 21 05:22:24 UTC 2009

Le Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 04:16:51PM +0000, Peter Rice a écrit :
> George Magklaras wrote:
>> In the Makefile, shouldn't they be a:
>>
>> AJAX_FIXED_ROOT  directive?
>>
>> I am not exactly familiar with the Debian package process, but at my
>> (manually built) leftovers from the sources, I did a:
>> georgie at slartibartfast# fgrep -i root config.log
>> AJAX_FIXED_ROOT='\"/site/sources/EMBOSS-6.0.1/emboss\"'
>> datadir='${datarootdir}'
>> datarootdir='${prefix}/share'
>> docdir='${datarootdir}/doc/${PACKAGE}'
>> infodir='${datarootdir}/info'
>> localedir='${datarootdir}/locale'
>> mandir='${datarootdir}/man'
>>
>> and the location was passed by configure with the --prefix switch. Does
>> the Debian package dist specify a location that way?
>
> AJAX_FIXED_ROOT is originally defined in configure.in in the top level
> directory.

Thanks for all your anwers, I solved the problem by passing
AJAX_FIXED_ROOT=\\\"/usr/share/EMBOSS\\\" to the make command.

This hardcodes the root to /usr/share/EMBOSS, where all the data files are
installed by the Debian package 'emboss-data'.

It was not a big problem that embossversion --full reported the directories
where EMBOSS was built, but just in case a user would rely on this, I prefer to
correct it.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles