[EMBOSS] error message with charge and pepstats

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 18:03:42 UTC 2009

Hi Jérôme,

The programs aren't complaining about your FASTA files. The error
is because the programs are not picking up the correct EMBOSS
data file 'Eamino.dat'.

That sort of error can happen if you've installed a new version
of EMBOSS but, for whatever reason, have set an environment variable
(EMBOSS_DATA) pointing to EMBOSS data files from a previous release.
Alternatively, an incorrect Eamino.dat file could be being found
in your current directory, your home directory or a '.embossdata'
subdirectory of your home or current directory.

To find out what  Eamino.dat is being used by EMBOSS you can type:

   embossdata Eamino.dat

That should give you some clue where to look for the problem.

HTH

Alan