[EMBOSS] Rebase installation nightmare

David Leader d.leader at bio.gla.ac.uk
Wed Dec 16 14:57:21 UTC 2009

> I discovered that the programs using restriction enzymes do not
> work on my installations of EMBOSS:
>
> ERROR   application terminated
>    EMBOSS An error in remap.c at line 236:
> Cannot locate enzyme file. Run REBASEEXTRACT
>
> So I tried to follow the instructions on the EMBOSS site at
> sourceforge:

OK, woken from the nightmare, thanks to Guy and Mahmut. Always forget
that even though I'm an admin user at the GUI level on my Mac I need
to sudo to install things on the terminal.

(In my defence, if I hadn't been asked for files that weren't
mentioned in the docs I might have considered that it was my fault
rather than emboss's.)

David

Dr. David P. Leader, Faculty of Biomedical & Life Sciences,
University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK
Phone: +44 (0)141 330 5905
http://doolittle.ibls.gla.ac.uk/leader
http://motif.gla.ac.uk/