[EMBOSS] newbie emma (clustalw) question

Tom Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Tue Dec 8 21:08:54 UTC 2009

I finally found the answer. It's simple, but if you don't know it, your only guessing, and that is really not a good approach.
The environmental variable to set is EMBOSS_CLUSTALW in whatever dot shell control file you use for setting env.
for the bash shell, I edited .bashrc with:
export EMBOSS_CLUSTALW=/usr/local/bin/clustalw

How would one go about requesting that this sort of info be added as a comment to the application tfm page? So instead of reading
COMMENT
none

it read: Set env variable EMBOSS_CLUSTALW=<path to local clustalw executalble>

thanks,
Tom