[EMBOSS] Unknown output format 'refseqp' and 'genpept'

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Dec 8 13:32:41 UTC 2009

Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a protein IntelliGenetics file used in the Biopython test suite:
> http://biopython.org/SRC/biopython/Tests/IntelliGenetics/VIF_mase-pro.txt
>
> I am using EMBOSS 6.1.0 (patch level 2 I think), and I am trying
> to turn this into a "GenBank Protein File", or GenPept file, using
> EMBOSS seqret.
>
> Doesn't EMBOSS seqret support genpept/refseqp as an output format?

Oddly enough you are the first to ask for it.

Does biopython have a definition of the fields it expects to write out
in a GenPept or RefseqP format file? We would be able to allow GenBank
as an alias for, presumably, genpept.

Might be a good time to merge the format names and details from
biopython and emboss. Where can Ifine the biopython ones?