[EMBOSS] EmbossWin eprimer3 compilation

Mahmut Uludag uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Apr 17 10:23:14 UTC 2009

Hi Stefanie,

> I'm using eprimer3 from the EmbossWin package. Now I want to compile
> my program (written in Python, compiled with py2exe) to make a windows
> installer. Unfortunatly eprimer3 has a problem after installation of
> my program. It's gives an error message that emboss.ini was not found
> and no primers are designed. If EmbossWin is installed then my program
> works but this is a circumstantially solution since I need only
> eprimer3 and the user has to install it additionally.

As far as I understand you want to include only eprimer3 and files
essential for running eprimer3. Your installer might be missing some of
the steps EmbossWin installer normally does.

http://www.interactive-biosoftware.com/embosswin/install.html

Do you know there is a new Windows port of EMBOSS since summer 2006?

http://emboss.open-bio.org/pipermail/emboss/2007-July/003051.html

You may consider using mEMBOSS as it is compatible with most recent
versions of EMBOSS and you can get better support.

Regards,
Mahmut