[EMBOSS] Compiling EMBOSS: missing jni.h?

Sylvain Foisy sylvain.foisy at diploide.net
Tue Nov 25 15:22:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs on the paths toward java/javaos; make/make install now
worked...kind of. I need the Jemboss interface to facilitate my students'
interactions with EMBOSS, this is why I want to compile myself.

Now the "kind of" part: I hit a "libnucleus.so.6 not found" and it seems to
be related to the fact that libeplplot.so.3 is not found. I know that I have
the libplplot9/libplplot-dev packages installed. Any pointers? Could I use
your experimental package for emboss-libs to fix this?

Thanks for the help

Sylvain

Sylvain Foisy, Ph. D.
Chargé de projet / Project Manager
Bio-informatique

Adresse postale:

Laboratoire de genetique et medecine genomique de l'inflammation
Institut de cardiologie de Montreal
5000 Belanger
Montreal, Qc
H1T 1C8

T: 514-376-3330 x.2299 | F: 514-593-2539
M: sylvain.foisy at inflammgen.org
W: http://www.inflammgen.org