[EMBOSS] fdrawgram, no prompting

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 11:53:33 UTC 2008

Mahmut Uludag wrote:
> (fdrawgram documentation suggests that when previewer is 'n' (means
> 'will not be previewed') the above question should not be asked. I'm
> sure you will get a full reply to your question from Peter.)

Just back from vacation without email - very relaxing.

There is a bug caused by a clash between the EMBOSS interface turning
off the preview and some phylip code turning it on again. It will be
fixed in the next release. If you are desperate to turn off the message
I can send a couple of simple updates to the source code to fix it.

> If you don't present the previewer option on the command line then
> emboss doesn't ask the above question.

This is another bug which fails to preview in X11 ... phylip defines
Xwindows in a different way to EMBOSS.

With a quick fix I can make the X previewer work, but there are also
problems with the fonts. It will be fixed for the next release, which
will also include an upgrade to use the latest phylip version.

Hope that helps,