[EMBOSS] See ACD as command line

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 16:40:48 UTC 2008

Hi Sabastian,

Sebastien Moretti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a simple way to see our ACD files as command lines ?
>
> I would like to check the command line syntax without running the
> application.

No problem. You do not even need to write the application. With the acd
file written you just need:

acdc appname

to try running the application. It will read input and open output files
and then stop.

acdc appname -help

will give you the help

If you have the application written then appname -help will work too.

If you need more we can help .... all we need to do it write something
like "acdtable" and add a different control call to dump out a command
line from the ACD processing. For example, we could show the shortest
abbreviations of qualifier names.