[EMBOSS] ACD syntax error for infile

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 15:38:41 UTC 2008

The error message is, in this case, rather helpful. Just change
'standard' to 'parameter'. The rationale for this is that the first
input file in an ACD file should usually be a 'parameter' to enable
people to just specify the filename (without qualifier switch) on the
command line. acdvalid will just give warnings for subsequent files that
aren't marked as parameters.

The warnings are just that the first infile is usually has the
name 'infile' for consistency with other EMBOSS applications.
You can choose to ignore warnings for local applications.

So,

      infile: infile [
          parameter: "Y"
          knowntype: "sequence data"
          prompt: "Name of Sequence (in arbitrary format)"
          information: "Protein Sequence or Accession number input"
      ]

is what acdvalid would prefer.

HTH

Alan