[EMBOSS] newbie, need some guidance with emboss web services

Lorena Carlo lcarlo at cs.utah.edu
Sat Mar 1 22:00:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to use EMBOSS web services in a python client.  I use ZSI
2.1a library to communicate with the web services.  I am trying to use
edit.seqret.derived web service:
(http://www.ebi.ac.uk/soaplab/emboss4/services/edit.seqret.derived?wsdl).
I am sending the following sequence that I found in the EMBOSS tutorial:
embl:xlrhodop to the web service.  But I am not getting any answer.
Bellow I am including some lines of code I am using.  Can somebody give
me any guidance with this?.  Should I use the non derived ones,  I
prefer to use the derived ones, because the application have support for
complex types.

#This are the stub files that ZSI generates to manage complex types.
from seqretService_client import *
from seqretService_types import *
#This are in the stub files and allow you to call the methods inside the
web service
loc = seqretServiceLocator()
port = loc.getedit__seqret()

req1 = createAndRunRequest()
reqseqret1 = req1.new_seqret()
reqsequence1 = reqseqret1.new_sequence()
reqsequence1.set_element_sequence_usa('embl:xlrhodop')
reqseqret1.Sequence = reqsequence1
req1.Seqret = reqseqret1
resp1 = port.createAndRun(req1)

jobid = resp1.Jobid
print jobid
edit.seqret/-11701ee7:11864847959:3072

waitforReq = waitForRequest()
waitforReq.set_element_jobid(jobid)

resp2 = port.waitFor(waitforReq)

reqresults = getResultsRequest()
reqresults.set_element_jobid(jobid)
response = port.getResults(reqresults)
seqretresult = response.get_element_seqretResult()
print seqretresult.get_element_report()
None
print seqretresult.get_element_outseq()
None
print seqretresult.get_element_detailed_status()
None

BTW:  I have also used the runAndWaitFor method but I obtain the same
result (None).

Thanks!

Lorena