[EMBOSS] Installation (make ) error

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 18 20:53:05 UTC 2008

You need to install the X11 development files for your
operating system.

You did not say which OS and version you are using.

I would guess from the output that it is some sort of Debian-based Linux
one. If that is the case then you need to install the libx11-dev
package from your distribution.

If you are using an RPM-based Linux distribution then the RPM
you need to install will be called something like xorg-x11-proto-devel

After you have installed the correct package then you will need
to do a 'make clean' in EMBOSS and then do the
configuration step again.

HTH

Alan