[EMBOSS] embl and dbxflat segmentation fault

Alfredo Jose Hernandez Alvarez ajhernan at lcg.unam.mx
Wed Jan 9 18:00:03 UTC 2008

Hello, and happy 2008.

When I index the embl database with dbxflat, a segmentation fault occurs:

$ dbxflat -dbname embl -dbresource embl -idformat EMBL -filenames
"*.dat" -directory . -fields id,acc -release 93.0 -date 08/01/08
Database b+tree indexing for flat file databases
Processing file ./rel_ann_env_01_r93.dat
Processing file ./wgs_aahc_inv.dat
Segmentation fault

The "embl" database is defined in emboss.default, also the "embl"
resource with default values. The embl release is 93, and  the
segmentation fault seems to happen in the file wgs_aahc_inv.dat. I
downloaded it again, it seems ok, but still same error happens.

When I index only that file, i.e dbxflat -filenames "wgs_aahc_inv.dat"
etc etc, it works ok.

What could be the problem?

I have emboss 4.1 on linux on IA64 with enough disk space.

Thank you very much!

--
Hernández Alvarez Alfredo José
Unidad de Administración de Tecnologías de Información
ajhernan at lcg.unam.mx / ajhernan at ccg.unam.mx