[EMBOSS] EMBOSS proplem

Magdy Alabady malabady at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:00:54 UTC 2008

Hi
I am new user of EMBOSS. I followed the instruction to install EMBOSS on my
Mac OS X. I am running into the following problem. Every time I run any
program I get the following  message:
Error: File /usr/local/biotools/share/EMBOSS/acd/plotcon.acd line 0: ACD
file not opened
I tried to run the 'wossname' test, I also get this message:
Error: File /usr/local/biotools/share/EMBOSS/acd/wossname.acd line 0: ACD
file not opened
Any help to resolve this problem please?
Thanks
Magdy

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Zheng Jin Tu <ztu at msi.umn.edu> wrote:

> On UNIX/Linux computer, use simple UNIX cat command:
>
>  cat seqfile1 seqfile2 .... seqfilex > new_merged_seqfile
>
> Thanks, Tu

> On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, sufei wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > I am new for emboss. When I use merger to merge two sequence file, I find
> that it only can input s single sequence. How can I merge the two sequence
> file?
> >
> > sufei

Magdy S. Alabady, PhD