[EMBOSS] How to use toggle properly ?

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 24 07:58:31 UTC 2008

Sebastien Moretti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an option (string symbcons) in my application that must be used
> only if another option is chosen (boolean cons).

Guy Bottu has already given you a complete answer.

Just one further point - the user can still change the value of symbcons
by putting -symbcons=value on the commandline so you need to use the
-cons toggle (or boolean) value to test whether to use the value in your
program.

> I have followed example from emma application but I cannot do the same
> kind of thing.

I will take a look at emma ... it was the first complex ACD file we
wrote (a major, and successful, test that ACD could handle the number of
options clustalw uses). Some of the options could be cleaned up.