[EMBOSS] emma: problem with filename : please help

Duhaime Johanne Johanne.Duhaime at ircm.qc.ca
Wed Apr 16 12:13:29 UTC 2008

Hello

I have a problem with emma and filename. I have seen other users having the same problem but their mail are from 2002. I also looked  at the bug reports but nothing regarding the problem.

In the old mail 2002. It was reported that the problem could be sold by changing the code in emma.c.
( static AjPStr emma_getUniqueFileName(void)
   { /* static char ext[2] = "A"; */  -->  static char ext[6] = "A0000";) this do not work. And I do not C well.

Here is the output of emma.

%emma
Multiple alignment program - interface to ClustalW program
Input (gapped) sequence(s): multipleprotein.tfa
output sequence set [hs70_achkl.aln]:
Dendrogram (tree file) from clustalw output file [hs70_achkl.dnd]:

Error: Failed to open filename '00022023B'

Problem writing out EMBOSS alignment fileSegmentation fault

The only file created is:

%ls -l 000*
-rw-rw----   1 duhaimj  si          3648 Apr 15 08:23 00022023A

This is for emboss 5, compiled in 64 bits on Solaris 9.

I  would really appreciate your help.

Johanne Duhaime
duhaimj at ircm.qc.ca<mailto:duhaimj at ircm.qc.ca>