[EMBOSS] Bug in degapseq ?

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Wed Oct 24 14:37:06 UTC 2007

Le Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 09:07:21AM +0100, Peter Rice a écrit :

> You do need to specify the output filename, or use -auto to accept the
> default (or -filter to use stdout and to read from stdin).
>
> With -auto and -filter the program will no longer be using stdin for
> user replies.

Oh, I completely overlooked the fact that the emboss programs can take
their user replies from stdin. Maybe then the most straightforward to
inform users from this mistake would be to change the error message to
something like : "Error: could not open file '...............', in which
the name of the file would be truncated to the end of the line. The user
would quickly understand if the file name is someting like AGTCCAGGTA...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Wako, Saitama, Japan