[EMBOSS] problems installing/using TrEMBL

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Mon Oct 8 08:59:56 UTC 2007

Hi Fernan,

Fernan Aguero wrote:
> George,

> Does the name of the resource matter? Mine is named 'embl' ...

If you plan to have the same values for all databases, no. But I tend to
choose different length values for different databanks, so in that case,
I have a different RES entry for each databank.

> What other options are there SWISS? GCG? GENBANK? This is AFAIK an
> EMBL formatted file. But maybe I'm wrong ...

I believe that TrEMBL should be formatted with the SWISS entry format in
dbxflat (-idformat SWISS).

George Magklaras

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://www.biotek.uio.no/