[EMBOSS] Seqret and searching a database with entries in a file

Guy Bottu gbottu at vub.ac.be
Mon Oct 8 07:12:18 UTC 2007

Sudeep Mehrotra wrote:
> I have a database and I have a file which consists of list of protein
> IDs. I want use seqret to search each entry (in the given file) in
> the given database and output the search into another file.

	Dear Sudeep,

If you can, using some script, transform your file into format :

xxx:AC3355
xxx:CG6754
xxx:AV6754

with xxx the name of the databank (you might have to use bare accession
numbers rather than version numbers), then it is easy, just run

seqret list::File

If you want the original entries rather than the entries in fastA
format, use entret instead of seqret.

	Guy Bottu,
	Belgian EMBnet Node