[EMBOSS] Seqret and searching a database with entries in a file

Sudeep Mehrotra sum732 at mail.usask.ca
Fri Oct 5 23:38:01 UTC 2007

Hello,
I am wondering if  I can use "seqret" from EMBOSS to perform
following action.

I have a database and I have a file which consists of list of protein
IDs. I want use seqret to search each entry (in the given file) in
the given database and output the search into another file.
for example:
seqret "path to the database":AAT37944.1.
If I use the above mentioned command on command line, I get the
output (protein name, protein sequence etc) in fasta format
consisting the entry. What I want to do is instead of giving one
entry I want to give the whole file, which consists of similar entries.

Can some one help me here.
Thanks
Sudeep