[EMBOSS] A question about configure of pnddriver

Hong, Xin xinhong at indiana.edu
Tue May 1 17:27:33 UTC 2007

Hello there,

I am responsible to install the EMBOSS-4.1.0 on our supurcomputers in Indiana University, I am not the administrator. I email them to ask for where the png, z and gd librarys are installed on and found out there are on the same directory. For the instruction file online, it states that "add the new directory to your confiture line for  EMBOSS --with-pngdriver=my_dir where the z,png, and gd libraries where eachinstalled using --prefix=my_dir".

I would like to know do they have to be together in my_dir, or I can state seperately, for instance

./configure --prefix=/miscapps/EMBOSS --with-pngdriver=my_d1 --with-pngdriver=my_d2 --with-pngdriver=my_d3

My second question is about Web interface of EMBOSS. As the policy of using supurcomputer, I have to put the web interface and database on another two seperate supurcomputers. I would like to know are there anyone sampled the difference of the webinterface and know which one is better. Or I would appreciate any suggestion for what I should pay attention to in this situation.

Thanks a lots.

Xin