[EMBOSS] EMBOSS 4.1.0 released

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Thu Mar 8 12:50:10 UTC 2007

+----[ ajb at ebi.ac.uk <ajb at ebi.ac.uk> (07.Mar.2007 15:32):

| EMBOSS 4.1.0 is available for download from:
|   ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/pub/EMBOSS/

[snipped]

| Also remember that the associated EMBASSY packages
| (e.g. MEME/PHYLIP/etc) are specific to a given release i.e. download them
| again if you wish to install them.

+----]

I am updating the emboss FreeBSD port, and noticed that the
embassy tarballs that were named as *NEW are not 'new'
anymore (i.e. they were renamed back to the previous name,
without the suffix).

MEMENEW => MEME
PHYLIPNEW => PHYLIP

However, only the gzipped tarball file was renamed, the
contents of the tarball extract to a directory containing
the previous name:

gama# tar tvzf PHYLIP-3.6b.tar.gz | less
drwxrwxrwx  0 root   root        0 Mar  6 08:07 PHYLIPNEW-3.6b/
drwxrwxrwx  0 root   root        0 Mar  6 08:07 PHYLIPNEW-3.6b/m4/
-rw-r--r--  0 root   root     4626 Jan 31 09:48 PHYLIPNEW-3.6b/m4/java.m4

I can work around this, but certainly keeping the same
distfile name in all places is cleaner and easier to work
with :)

Fernan