[EMBOSS] Antwort: Genbank GI fetching?

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jun 18 13:38:17 UTC 2007

Niels Larsen wrote:

> Is adding to indices on the todo-list for dbxflat?

Indeed it is. But it will not be in time for the July release.
We hope to be able to add/replace and remove entries from existing indices as a
better way to support the nucleotide sequence database updates between releases.

We would also be interested in any compression scheme that would allow direct
access to individual sequences - we could then index such files with dbxflat (or
dbiflat). We would consider it an advantage if other packages could use the same
data files (our hope is to avoid creating an additional copy of EMBL or GenBank
just for EMBOSS).