[EMBOSS] Running Problem

Warren Gallin wgallin at ualberta.ca
Fri Jun 1 21:18:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

	I just downloaded and compiled the latest stable EMBOSS package.
The compiling went alright, but when I try to run a program I get the
following message:

bio-c172:~/Desktop/EMBOSS-4.1.0 wgallin$ needle
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libpng12.0.dylib
   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/needle
   Reason: Incompatible library version: needle requires version
19.0.0 or later, but libpng12.0.dylib provides version 0.1.2
Trace/BPT trap

At first I thought that I had an outdated libpng, but I downloaded
the latest one from their site, did a clean configuration and make
and got the same message.

Can anyone point me to how to fix this problem?

I am working on a Mac G4 powerbook (867 MHz) running OS X 10.4.9,
with 384 MB RAM.

All help and suggestions are welcome.

Warren Gallin