[EMBOSS] EMBOSS 5.0.0 available as a Debian package.

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Mon Jul 23 00:33:21 UTC 2007

Le Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 03:53:22PM -0300, Sebastian Bassi a écrit :
> On 7/22/07, Charles Plessy <charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org> wrote:
> > I am very happy to announce that since this release 5.0.0, the
> > Debian-Med project provides binary packages for EMBOSS.
>
> This is a very nice news!!.
> This package works also on Ubuntu?

I do not know : I have no Ubuntu to test the binary packages. However,
the source package should be able to produce Ubuntu binary packages
without problems. (Same for Linspire, as you seem to be interested in).

If you are not in a hurry, maybe the easiest way to get emboss in Ubuntu
would be to request it to the MOTU science. Here is a mailing list they
read:

Also, there must be for sure a way to use Launchpad, but I do not know
it...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles