[EMBOSS] Antwort: Manpage generator

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Sun Jul 8 14:02:57 UTC 2007

Le Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 08:57:54AM +0200, David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE a écrit :

> If you want to parse ACD files you should have a look at the "emboss
> explorer" web gui.
> This uses perl modules to parse acd files and create the web interface
> dynamically.

Dear all,

Thanks do David's suggestion, I managed to write a manpage generator for
EMBOSS programs. It uses the EMBOSS::ACD library (which we ship in
Debian in the package libemboss-acd-perl) to create a docbook XML
document, which is transformed into a manpage with the xsltproc program.
The reason why the generator does not directly write the manpage is
simply that I do not know the nroff syntax.

You can download it from the following URI:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-emboss/emboss/trunk/debian/acd2docbook.pl?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

I have put a couple of examples manpages on my personal website in the
following directory:
http://charles.plessy.org/debian/emboss/

I intend to distribute manpages for all emboss programs in the Debian
package which will be updated after the release of EMBOSS 5.0

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org