[EMBOSS] Bug in 'remap' program? - Checked by AntiVir DEMO version

Guy Bottu gbottu at ben.vub.ac.be
Thu Jan 18 09:05:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 12:07:31PM -0500, Mao, Jean (NIH/CIT) [E] wrote:
> How about BmgT120I, based on the 'redata' program, it has isoschizomers, but non was listed in my output.
> UnbI has isoschizomers also and has NO commercial provider listed.

You have indeed pinpointed a bug or misfeature. The
problem might be that the prototype enzyme is AsuI.
But AsuI has no commercial providers.
It is more easy to see this in our MRS server
than using redata :
http://bendisk.ulb.ac.be/mrs/cgi-bin/mrs.cgi?db=rebase&query=BmgT120I
So, several isoschizomers of AsuI are displayed in
the output instead of just one enzyme.

Could Alan Bleasby comment about this ?

	Guy Bottu,
	BEN