[EMBOSS] EMBOSS 4.0 and libnucleus.so.4

Squig at web.de Squig at web.de
Mon Jan 15 11:19:13 UTC 2007

Hello,

I just installed EMBOSS 4.0 on my system and wanted to run a few tests if everything is working right.
Every tool I tried ends up with following message:

splitter: error while loading shared libraries: libnucleus.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The binaries are loacted in "/usr/local/bin" and the libaries in "/usr/local/lib".

There are also these "libnucleus" files and symlinks:

libnucleus.a
libnucleus.la
libnucleus.so -> libnucleus.so.4.0.0
libnucleus.so.4 -> libnucleus.so.4.0.0
libnucleus.so.4.0.0

Do I oversee some more symlinks to add?

Some hint or help would be really appreciated.

With kind regards

Stefan Kesberg