[EMBOSS] Is vectorstrip gapless by design or is it a bug ? - Checke

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Wed Feb 28 00:18:31 UTC 2007

Le Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 01:27:02PM +0100, Guy Bottu a écrit :
> By the way, have you considered using instead stssearch to search
> for the primers at the ends of the sequence ?

Dear Guy,

I have to shamefully admit that I was not aware of stssearch or
primersearch. I started to use vectorscreen for finding the arms of my
cloning vector, and when using it started to cheat it by substituting
primer sequences for the vector arms. I missed the two other tools.

I will check if primersearch is gapless, and use it instead of
vectorscreen.

Many thanks for all the answers, and have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org