[EMBOSS] Seqall Datatype

Peter Robinson peter.robinson at t-online.de
Thu Dec 20 15:08:59 UTC 2007

Dear EMBOSSERs,

I am trying my hand at an EMBOSS program and would like to read in a
list of sequences from a FASTA file and make pairwise comparisons
between each sequence.  If I startwith a AjPSeqall object

AjPSeqall seqs=NULL;
seqs = ajAcdGetSeqall ("seqs");

I have seen

AjPSeq seq;

while(ajSeqallNext(seqs, &seq)) {

}

in the documentation, but I would like to do something like a double for
loop to get all pairwise comparisons. What is the best way of doing
this? I have been searching in the online docs but did not yet find
anything.

By the way, in http://emboss.sourceforge.net/developers/program.html

*17.2 Getting information from a sequence*

*ajSeqGetName* get the name. This is a pointer to the internal AjPStr

*ajSeqName* get the name. This is a pointer to the internal char*

these datatypes are flagged as obsolete by the compiler, so the document
may need revision here?

Thanks,
Peter Robinson