[EMBOSS] Problem in profiling water and needle programs in the EMBOSS package

Vivek Menon vivek.menon79 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:10:15 UTC 2007

I still get these error messages.
BFD: needle(.rela.plt): relocation 101 has invalid symbol index 0
BFD: needle(.rela.plt): relocation 102 has invalid symbol index 0
BFD: needle(.rela.plt): relocation 103 has invalid symbol index 0
BFD: needle(.rela.plt): relocation 104 has invalid symbol index 0
BFD: needle(.rela.plt): relocation 105 has invalid symbol index 0

Based on your previous message, I deleted the directory and did a
fresh install with
./configure --prefix=$HOME --with-gccprofilling --disable-shared
make install
-bash-3.00$ ls
bin  include  lib  share

cd bin
./water
gprof water gmon.out >gprof_water_ecoli1.txt
.......Error messages...
The gprof file is created now and I see these error messages. The whoe
point in my profiling water is to determine the functions utilizing
max. CPU time and function calls.
is this information affected by the error messages or by creating
static libraries?

Thanks once again.
Vivek