[EMBOSS] Building EMBOSS with an external libpcre.

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Thu Sep 14 15:07:36 UTC 2006

Dear developpers,

I am preparing Debian packages for EMBOSS, and I run in the following
problem:

EMBOSS is shipped and built with its own copy of libpcre. As a result,
the EMBOSS Debian package contains some files wich are also in the
libpcre Debian package, and they conflict together.

I could remove the conflicting files from the EMBOSS package, but I
think that it is unwise, as the libpcre in Debian does not have the same
version number.

It would be much cleaner if I could build EMBOSS with the libpcre from
Debian, but I could not figure out how to do. Can somebody give me
hints?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy