[EMBOSS] Fwd: EMBOSS running on server (problems)

Andres Pinzon andrespinzon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:05:33 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andres Pinzon <andrespinzon at gmail.com>
Date: Sep 11, 2006 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: [EMBOSS] EMBOSS running on server (problems)
To: Adnan Shahzad <imadnansyed at yahoo.com>

On 9/11/06, Adnan Shahzad <imadnansyed at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello Every body,
>   Need your help and guidance.
>   I have tried installing EMBOSS on my server with Wemboss web interface and with Apache server tomcat 5.5 but system seem to be not integrated with each other and things are not running properly.

Hmmm... im not sure about this, but maybe it would be better if you
install wEMBOSS on an APACHE "alone" server (not tomcat). At least I
have installed wEMBOSS a couple of times without any problem.
http://bioinf.ibun.unal.edu.co/wEMBOSS/

>   Kindly any one tell me any other way to keep it running which is more simpler then this one …what about running Jemboss.

You can run jemboss, but as a local installation and it wont be
available on internet or whatever local network you have.

>   Can some one give me manual for step by step procedure because I am new to all this so I am doing on hit and trail bases.

It depends on what interface you are willing to install. If this is
your first time, and you really need a web interface, maybe you should
try EMBOSS explorer, is pretty easy to install, BUT it lacks some good
advantages of wEMBOSS.

>   And now looking for the help from you guys.

;-)
--
Andrés Pinzón cPh.D.
[http://www.andrespinzon.com]