[EMBOSS] Installing EMBOSS on SERVER

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Sep 6 08:08:14 UTC 2006

On 6 Sep 2006, at 08:52, Adnan Shahzad wrote:

> Hello all,
>   Well I want to run EMBOSS on my server and I want other client
> (pc) should access all the programs from their I am having trouble
> understanding how I can make client interface for the EMBOSS….i am
> lost need your help.

You have a couple of choices.

You could let everyone have an account on your server and let them
log on to your server to run the programs directly.  Probably the
most common way to do this would be to provide everyone with an ssh
client to allow secure access to the server from their PCs.  We use
putty (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/), as our
ssh client, but there are plenty of others.

Alternatively you could install one of the emboss web interfaces and
a web server on your server and let everyone access the programs via
a web browser.  Again there are a number of different interfaces
available.  There's a list of them at http://emboss.sourceforge.net/
interfaces/#web.

Hope this helps

Simon.