[EMBOSS] How to include Prosite and Rebase and Print into 'showdb' program

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 07:34:19 UTC 2006

Hi Jean,

> Hi, for EMBOSS 4.0.0, is there a way to show both prosite and rebase
> databases when I type 'showdb' at the prompt? I asked the same question
> back in 2003. I was hoping the answer will be different this time :-)

Well .... EMBOSS 4.0.0 does have extended showdb output so now we can add
this. The main issue is that there is currently nothing in EMBOSS that
uses the definition, but we would like to add a report of the database
release to the output of programs that use them.

The definitions would be expected to go in RESOURCE definitions in the
emboss.default file but we could perhaps put something in the output of
the *extract programs.

I will take another look.