[EMBOSS] Help with equicktandem and etandem

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 9 23:47:15 UTC 2006

Hi Roberto,

> Hello, I'm a revision of methods to find repeats on biological
> sequences. I can't understand the algorithm of equicktandem and
> etandem.
>
> Please, somebody can send to me a description of algorithms or link
> where I can find it.

These programs were written by Richard Durbin at the Sanger Institute.
Unfortunately there was never any documentation of the algorithms so we
have to try to understand them by reading the source code.

I will have another try at interpreting what is happening and update the
documentation.

Do you have any specific questions about how they work?