[EMBOSS] useful hits about install EMBOSS-3.0.0 under cygwin

zhendong shaw xiaozhendong at gmail.com
Mon May 1 16:43:14 UTC 2006

Dear guys,
        When installed the EMBOSS-3.0.0 under cygwin, I encountered some
problems. By using google searching the answers, all the problems solved. I
found some guys in the mailing list asked some questions the same as I
encoutered. So I list the hits about install EMBOSS-3.0.0 under cygwin,
maybe they will be useful for some people.
1. Read the HowTo by Olivier Martin
http://emboss.sourceforge.net/download/cygwin.html
2. If you find some compile error about "d_ino"(maybe the most popular
problem ^_^), you could try as follow:
     *mv ajax/ajfile.c ajax/ajfile.bak
     mv nucleus/embdbi.c nucleus/embdbi.bak
     perl -pe 's/d_ino/__invalid_d_ino/g' ajax/ajfile.bak > ajax/ajfile.c
     perl -pe 's/d_ino/__invalid_d_ino/g' nucleus/embdbi.bak >
nucleus/embdbi.c
*3. Also you may find the "automake version" problem, try:
   * aclocal - I m4
     autoconf
     automake -a
    and then make again.