[EMBOSS] dbifasta index file format

Graziano P. areagp61 at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 30 08:31:42 UTC 2006

hello EMBOSS users,
I have some databases in fasta format (ncbi | format)
and I want to index them using dbifasta, then I want
to access the index files using a program that will be
developed by a computer scientist of my group.
I need to index the databases by accession number,
ginumber and description. I have read in the dbifasta
help info about the structure of the index files when
the databases were indexed by accession number, but I
have not found info about the structure of the index
files when the databases are indexed by description.
Anyone knows where I can find detailed information
about the structure of the index files?

Regards
Graziano