[EMBOSS] Oddcomp behaves oddly ...

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 12:09:25 UTC 2006

David Martin wrote:

> Basically what is happening is that there is a check for the length of the
> sequence being shorter than the window.  It may well be this that is giving
> the problem.

Not that part - it accepts a window the same length as the sequence (oddcomp
can read more than one sequence, and does have to skip those too short to fit
a window).

A later loop does fail if the window size matches the sequence - I am testing
allowing it to run just one more time :-)

> It is a long time since I wrote this and C is not my usual language so
> apologies if this is not a comprehensive answer.

Snakke de fortran?

>>But the sequece is not reported.
>>When I change the L count to 10 in leu.comp it does not work neither.
>>Strangely enough, when the default window is taken (30) the sequence is
>>reported.

Same problem I believe - it is the window size matching sequence length that
stops the last for loop from checking anything.

regadrs,