[EMBOSS] DB - finding out how many sequences

Aengus Stewart aengus.stewart at cancer.org.uk
Thu Mar 2 14:56:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

Does any of the EMBOSS apps output the number of sequences that it has searched?

I am after this figure as I have a data library issue.

Some sequences are "not found" by EMBOSS even though I know they are in the original flat files.

I am trying to figure out if this is

configure problem
data problem
indexing problem.

The indexing with dbiflat doesnt complain but I would like to be able to check my input number of sequences with what EMBOSS thinks was output.

Cheers
Aengus

Aengus Stewart
Group Leader
Bioinformatics and BioStatistics               Tel: +44 (0)20 7269 3679
Cancer Research UK, Lincoln's Inn Fields, Holborn, London, WC2A 3PX, UK

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged and
confidential.  The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named above. Be aware that any third party
disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication, without
prior permission, is strictly prohibited.