[EMBOSS] New EMBL release

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jun 20 14:06:46 UTC 2006

Wells, Isabelle wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> EMBL release 87 has just been made available and changes to the entry ID
> line were made. Did anyone install it and index the files with dbiflat?
> I am just wondering whether the change in ID line structure causes
> problems.

There are some small changes needed. We will produce patch files next
week for 3.0.0 (the 4.0.0 code in CVS already works).

We waited to see a full release before making the patches, in case there
are any surprises.

I will send an announcement to this list when the patches are tested and
copied to emboss.open-bio.org