[EMBOSS] notseq limits

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 15:03:13 UTC 2006

Hello Suraj,

> I am writing to get an idea about the limits of 'notseq'(Windows
> EMBOSS). I noticed that it is unable to read-in more than 250 sequence
> ID's to be removed from a large file (fasta).

We're in somewhat unknown territory here but this is just the sort
of feedback we need. I would suspect that the above is related to
the standard heap size built into the executable. The heap size
is determined at the program linking stage. If you are willing to
test it out then I could produce a version with increased
heap size.

Is there anyone else on the list who has run into such memory
limit problems with the Windows version?

Alan