[EMBOSS] infoseq table format issues

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 11:45:41 UTC 2006

Marc Logghe wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have noticed that the output table format of infoseq is not
> consistent. In the sense that the whitespace field separator is
> sometimes two spaces and sometimes a tab followed by a space. This makes
> it impossible (at least, if you don't want an extra processing step) to
> properly import the infoseq output into a spreadsheet. Is there a way to
> force infoseq to use tabs only as field separator ?

Yes .... but ...

infoseq produces a report or HTML.

Is the HTML useful?

Is the text output useful (and is it better to use spaces as text)

Is tab-delimited output useful (also for other programs)?

Do we need some kind of XML output to replace the HTML?

Meanwhile, I will look at cleaning up the current infoseq